Urethane Flat Sheet Stock
Sheets in any Custom or Standard Size
Universal Urethane manufactures urethane and polyurethane sheets in custom or standard sizes.
Our standard flat sheet stock material is abrasion resistant, chemical resistant and can be custom make for specific applications. Our urethane flat sheet stock material can easily be water-jet cut into custom parts. Our polyurethane sheet stock has very consistent thicknesses throughout the entire sheet with square corners making water-jet setup and cutting easy.
UUP’s standard cast polyurethane sheets meet the highest industry specifications for thickness and durometer, making them perfect for severe applications.
Standard durometers from 40 – 90 shore “A” with 65 durometer shore “D” available for a 20% uncharge. Standard colors are red, black and natural.
- Urethane Characteristics:
- TDI and MDI Chemical structure both are available. We can formulate our urethane for your specific application. Broad hardness ranging from 40 shore A to 90 shore A. Red, natural, and black are the standard and other colors are available upon request. Urethane is abrasion and cut resistant. Urethane is chemical and oil resistant. Urethane is machinable and resilient .Urethane has a lower tooling cost, has a high load bearing capacity and has elastic memory.
- STOCKED INVENTORY DIMENSION TOLERANCES:
- These tolerances cover all stocked products except where noted. Please advise factory if a closer tolerance is required.
- Length: +1/4-0, Width: +1/4-0, Thickness: +/- 2% or +/- .030" whichever is greater
- Color: Standard: Red, Natural, or Black 20% Up Charge for Special Colors
- Hardness: 40 - 90 Shore A Durometer Standard Stock Size 65 Shore D Durometer Available for a 20% Up Charge
- Availability: 2 – 3 Days Standard (Call for rush orders) A minimum order of $35.00 is required
- Shipping: Above pricing does not include shipping
- Standard Urethane Sheet sizes available and in stock.
- Custom Urethane Sheets available on request.
- Durometers available from 40A - 65D.
- Standard color: red, natural, or black (other colors are available on request for 20% up charge).
- We also can produce precision thickness sheets of any size, shape, or durometer.
- Sheets are available with fabric backing, metal backing, expanded metal backing, and dual durometer urethanes.
- High resistance to abrasion and impact.
- Resistant to many chemical compounds.
- Oil and solvent resistant.
Our stock cast polyurethane sheets are 12" x 12," 12" x 24," and 24" x 24." Depending on the size, thicknesses from 3/16" up to 6" are available. Other sizes, even configured shapes, are also regularly manufactured and can be custom manufactured to meet your requirements.
Advantages of Polyurethane Sheet:
Polyurethane Sheet is often used as a replacement for rubber components and provides an obvious upgrade over the traditional material. Polyurethane Sheet has a much improved resistance to wear and can out last other materials by as much as four times. Another advantage is the performance during load and compression, Polyurethane will out perform rubber which will often permanently deform much sooner resulting in the associated components, often vehicle suspension parts becoming loose and causing lack of control and often expensive damage. Its resistance to ageing or perishing, rubber will often degrade over sometimes a short period of time, but this can often be accelerated in UV exposure and the contact with oils and fuels. Polyurethane Sheet is also much more resistant to cutting with sharp edges and is also much more impact resistant.
Advantages of Polyurethane:
Polyurethane is a unique material that offers the elasticity of rubber combined with the toughness and durability of metal. Because urethane is available in a very broad hardness range, it allows the engineer to replace rubber, plastic, and metal with the ultimate in abrasion resistance and physical properties. Polyurethane can reduce plant maintenance and OEM product cost. Many applications using this ultra-tough material have cut down-time, maintenance time, and cost of parts to a fraction of the previous figures. The following are other advantages polyurethane has to offer:
- Abrasion resistant
- Oil and solvent resistant
- Load bearing capacity
- Tear resistant
- Excellent noise abatement properties
Urethanes have better abrasion and tear resistance than rubbers, while offering higher load bearing capacity.
Compared to plastics, urethanes offer superior impact resistance, while offering excellent wear properties and elastic memory.
Urethanes have replaced metals in sleeve bearings, wear plates, sprockets, rollers, and various other parts, with benefits such as weight reduction, noise abatement, and wear improvements being realized.