Urethane Round Rod Stock
Polyurethane Round Stock Available for Online Purchase
Universal Urethane manufactures polyurethane round rod stock in a wide variety of standard sizes and colors.
- Polyurethane round rod stock is available in standard & custom diameters
- Urethane rod stock is available in standard & custom lengths
- Our round rod stock is available in standard red, black, & natural colors
- Urethane round Stock is a versatile product
- Our round stock is suited to be machined into custom parts
- Urethane Characteristics:
- TDI and MDI Chemical structure both are available. We can formulate our urethane for your specific application. Broad hardness ranging from 40 shore A to 90 shore A. Red, natural, and black are the standard and other colors are available upon request. Urethane is abrasion and cut resistant. Urethane is chemical and oil resistant. Urethane is machinable and resilient .Urethane has a lower tooling cost, has a high load bearing capacity and has elastic memory.
- STOCKED INVENTORY DIMENSION TOLERANCES:
- These tolerances cover all stocked products except where noted. Please advise factory if a closer tolerance is required.
- Length: +1/2-0 O.D.: +/-2% or +/-.015" whichever is greater
- Color: Standard: Red, Natural, or Black 20% Up Charge for Special Colors
- Hardness: 40 - 90 Shore A Durometer Standard Stock Size 65 Shore D Durometer Available for a 20% Up Charge
- Availability: 2 – 3 Days Standard (Call for rush orders) A minimum order of $35.00 is required
- Shipping: Above pricing does not include shipping
- Standard Urethane round stock sizes available and in stock.
- Custom Polyurethane Rod stock available on request.
- Durometers available from 40A - 65D.
- Standard color: red, natural, or black (other colors are available on request for 20% up charge).
- High resistance to abrasion and impact.
- Resistant to many chemical compounds.
- Oil and solvent resistant.
Universal Urethane’s cast polyurethane round rod stock diameters are from 3/8” up to 8” in diameter. They are from 12” in length up to 48” in length. Custom diameters and lengths of round rod stock can also be quoted to meet your requirements.
Advantages of Polyurethane Round Rod Stock:
Polyurethane Round Rod Stock is often used as a replacement for plastic/nylon components and provides an obvious upgrade over the traditional material. Polyurethane has a much improved resistance to wear and can out last nylon by as much as four times. Another advantage is the performance during load and compression, Polyurethane will out perform nylong and plastic which will often crack while being used. Urethane rod stock is as easy to machine as plastic and offers a wider variety of hardness choices.
Advantages of Polyurethane:
Polyurethane is a unique material that offers the elasticity of rubber combined with the toughness and durability of metal. Because urethane is available in a very broad hardness range, it allows the engineer to replace rubber, plastic, nylon, and metal with the ultimate in abrasion resistance and physical properties. Polyurethane can reduce plant maintenance and OEM product cost. Many applications using this ultra-tough material have cut down-time, maintenance time, and cost of parts to a fraction of the previous figures. The following are other advantages polyurethane has to offer:
- Abrasion resistant
- Oil and solvent resistant
- Load bearing capacity
- Tear resistant
- Excellent noise abatement properties
Urethanes have better abrasion and tear resistance than rubbers, while offering higher load bearing capacity.
Compared to plastics, urethanes offer superior impact resistance, while offering excellent wear properties and elastic memory.
Urethanes have replaced metals in sleeve bearings, wear plates, sprockets, rollers, and various other parts, with benefits such as weight reduction, noise abatement, and wear improvements being realized.