Top 6 Reasons Urethane Cutting Edges are Preffered Over Everything Else
- Outlasts Rubber by up to 5 times.
- Will NOT damage roadway markings, reflectors or cobblestone.
- Blades can be custom made to your specifications. NO LIMITATIONS – Deal directly with the manufacturer.
- Reversible design provides two usable wear edges DOUBLING the life.
- Urethane quality blade at rubber pricing!
- Reduce truck downtime because you won’t have to change the wear blade as often – Cut maintenance costs.
- Urethane Cutting Edges just flat out Last Longer!
Surface Saver Cutting Edges will not damage:
- Brick Streets
- Stamped Concrete
- Speed Bumps
- Asphalt Roads
- Concrete Roads
Benefits of Polyurethane Snow Plow Cutting Edge
Extended Wear Life
Urethane cutting edges for snow plows are an excellent high-performance, cost-effective replacement for traditional cutting edges such as metal and rubber snow plow cutting edges. Urethane rubber allows for extended lifespans of the poly cutting edge for snow plows which leads to fewer replacements and less downtime.
Prevent Surface Damage
A lot of plowing contracts require that surfaces be preserved which immediately eliminates the possibility of using steel cutting edges. Most steel edges will mark the surface that is being plowed. They can also damage any sealants or patchwork that may have been done on the pavement. In this case, urethane cutting edges can often be a necessary replacement that helps preserve the plowing surface.
Quiet and Operator Friendly
Polyurethane is also very effective at absorbing any vibrations that can create noise during the plowing process. Since a lot of plowing for residential and commercial properties is conducted before daybreak, noise abatement is often a key to keep from disturbing any residents. Furthermore, the vibration absorbing qualities of urethane makes it so the operator feels significantly less vibration in the cab.
Elastic Memory & Holds Shape
Additionally, urethane is flexible and has elastic memory that can help act as a shock absorber and surface preserver. Often, there are surface blemishes such as rocks, patchwork, and seals rising above the plowing surface that will get hit by the snow plow cutting edge. Rather than violently tearing into the surface like a steel cutting edge, urethane cutting edges will move over the blemish without causing surface or plow damage.
Polyurethane acts as a seal on the plowing surface. When plowing, the elastic nature of urethane will allow it to conform to the surface. This creates a squeegee effect that wipes the surface much better than a steel cutting edge. Additionally, this elastic quality makes it excellent for plowing on gravel, reducing cab chatter and wear strip life.
Why you shouldn't use UHMW
UHMW is softer than polyurethane, the UHMW deforms easier and also has very poor dimensional stability. In fact, UHMW is notorious for thermal expansion issues which depending on the temperature swing can easily expand as much as 1/4″. Polyurethane on the other hand is an “elastomer”. This type of material resists deformation by returning to its original shape (at least 90% within 10 minutes of release of compression) and is more dimensionally stable than UHMW while retaining the beneficial low-wear properties.
Installation Process of Our Polyurethane Snow Plow Cutting Edge
What you the should know about Universal Urethane
- Universal Urethane manufactures urethane snowplow cutting edges for FAST DELIVERY
- Made in the USA and ship daily via UPS from our Toledo, Ohio facility.
- Our blades set the Highest Standards for performance in the industry, offering exceptional service life in the Harshest Conditions.
- Our new compound gives you urethane quality blades at rubber/neoprene pricing.
- We ship sizes from as light as 5 pounds to a maximum weight of 175 pounds per piece.